This is a series of two registered Fitness Australia barre fitness programs fusing Pilates, Fitness Training, Yoga, Ballet and Various Dance forms. It is a total barre class using the Ballet Barre, Resistance Bands, small balls, gliding discs, weights and Yoga blocks to integrate the fundamentals of Pilates, strong core work, functional low impact gym exercises and dance for a complete all round workout.
You don’t have to be Ballet or dance trained to teach @theBarre Lyrical or @theBarre Amplify or for our members to take the classes as they are very do- able. For more info click here
Pre Training Requisite and Criteria:
- Compulsory: A Cert 3/ 4 in Fitness from a recognised Australian Institution such as FIA (Fitness Institute Australia).
Any Les Mills course, Pilates, Ballet, Yoga or group fitness training. The afore mentioned training courses give instructors a very good understanding of how the body functions and works mechanically, how to incorporate your personal ‘Magic Vibration’ into a class and how to assess members safely and correctly. This program will be a cinch to learn and such fun to teach.
Please download the pre training form here and email it with the relevant attachments:
For more information on courses that will assist you to meet the criteria please contact:
Fitness Australia for all information on learning and development http://www.fitness.org.au/
FIA (Fitness Institute Australia) for Cert 3 AND 4 in group fitness- https://www.fiafitnation.com.au
Pre Course Training:
- It is recommended that you attend a few @theBarre classes to familiarise yourself with the program before you begin the course
- You will need to learn one track for each barre class to present and self critique at your training as part of the assessment
- You will need to know the order of the tracks prior to training and as part of the assessment criteria, found on the content page of the manuals
Private course training for studio groups is available on request around Australia and Internationally. We require 5 or more participantS.
Upcoming Course Dates & Times 2017:
November in Sydney (Rose Bay/City Studio)
A two day weekend course
@theBarre Lyrical: Saturday 19th November 2017 from 2:00pm- 6:00pm &
@theBarre Amplify: Sunday 20th November 2017 from 2:00pm-6:00pm
Upcoming Course Dates & Times 2018:
January in Sydney (Rose Bay Studio)
A two day weekend course
@theBarre Lyrical: Friday 26th Jan 2017 from 11:30am- 6:00pm &
@theBarre Amplify: Saturday 27th Jan 2017 from 10:30am-5:00pm
April in Sydney (Rose Bay Studio)
@theBarre Lyrical: Friday 6th April 2017 from 11:30am- 6:00pm &
@theBarre Amplify: Saturday 7th October 2017 from 10:30am-5:00pm.
July in Sydney (City Studio)
@theBarre Lyrical: Saturday 7th July 2017 from 11:30am- 6:00pm &
@theBarre Amplify: Sunday 8th July 2017 from 9:30am-4:00pm.
October in Sydney (City Studio)
@theBarre Lyrical: Saturday 27th October 2017 from 11:30am- 6:00pm &
@theBarre Amplify: Sunday 28th October 2017 from 9:30am-4:00pm.
Rose Bay Studio Address
Suite 5,716 New South Head Rd. Rose Bay,
Sydney, NSW, 2019
We are down the little lane next to Bakers Delight and above Eco DownUnder (Linen shop)
Parking for Rose Bay: There is a lot of parking available on the weekends. There are parking areas up Dover Rd. for your convenience. Please note signage and parking restrictions as the cops are vigilant!
City Studio Address
Level 4, The Dymocks Building, 428 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Parking for Sydney: It is advisable to bus or train into the CBD. We are near Town Hall station and the QVB, next to Myer in the iconic Dymocks Building on George Street.
$1400 GST included for two uniquely different barre classes. One stabilizing, stretching and toning and the other strong, energetic and functional.
Sydney Class Practice Package Specials for Instructors only:
- With the courses you are offered 4 free practice classes for each course @theBarre Lyrical and @theBarre Amplify.
- You also have the opportunity to purchase packages of 10 classes at half price $10 per class+GST for further practice if purchased on the day of the course. This will offer you a chance to team teach and get your final evaluation in a friendlier manner by the qualified instructor taking that class.
- Option is to come in for an evaluation 1 month after your course at a cost of $50.
Early Bird discount:
10% discount @ $1260 GST included if paid before the early bird cut off date.
What to bring?
Please bring a device you can use to video the classes we do over the weekend as it is your visual reference and a learning tool. iPad, smart phone, video machines even Go- pro's will do the job!
Course Objectives and Criteria:
NB* Instructors will be asked to learn a track chosen by the assessor prior to the start of the course and to teach the chosen track at the weekend of the course towards certification.
At the completion of this course Instructors will be able to:
- Understand and confidently teach the format of the @theBarre Programs
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly perform all the @theBarre exercises
- Understand the purpose and benefit of each @theBarre exercise
- Give options for different levels of @theBarre students within a class therefore addressing individual needs and levels of fitness
- Makes sure the programs are delivered safely and effectively and you’re instructing to your full potential.
- Understand Pilates Principals
- Learn different breathing techniques
- Understand what it means to be centred and mindful
- learn moving meditation techniques
- Learn about Spotify music lists or another provider such a Power music for PPCA free studios. How to do this will be demonstrated at the courses.
- Leave the course able and confidant to teach each program
Attending Future Workshops:
- Workshops are held four times a year and are designed to keep classes fresh and interesting with familiar original formats bringing a fresh approach and repertoire’ to challenge participants.
- Brand new music playlists are suggested.
- Each session includes updated education sessions helping you to enhance your teaching skills.
- Workshops are able to be video- taped as we physically do each class. This allows you to observe yourself and your technique and is an added learning tool.
- A brand new manual is given including new choreography for each workshop with pictures and instructions.
- The workshops are around 2 ½-3 hours long.
- Above all, workshops are fun and a chance to work-out with other instructors swapping ideas and teaching styles to keep our classes fresh and exciting.
CEC’s (Continued Education Criteria):
To maintain registration with Fitness Australia, exercise professionals must complete twenty (20) continuing education credits (CECs) through educational programs and professional experience over every 2 year registration period.”@theBarre is registered with Fitness Australia. To receive full certification including 15 CEC’s you will need to complete both programs @theBarre Lyrical level 1 worth 8 CEC's and @theBarre Amplify level 1 worth 7 CEC's.
Terms & Conditions
- Any facilities running @theBarre classes must place them on their time table under the class name @theBarre Lyrical and @theBarre Amplify.
- Classes may not be taught as an integration with other programs.
- Class tracks must be taught in sequence but can be mixed using like for like tracks from any release.
Click to download the pre- training registration form HERE
Click to download the release of liability (compulsory) HERE
Click the Online Booking System
Please note courses are unfortunately non-refundable but due to unforeseen circumstances may be done at a later date. We look forward to seeing you at training.
For telephone enquiries click here
Copyright © 2015 @theBarre Lyrical and @theBarre Amplify