Become an @theBarre Instructor
Accredited Australian Group Fitness training courses for professionals
@theBarre is two registered Fitness Australia Barre programs fusing Pilates, fitness training, yoga, ballet and various dance forms. It is a total Barre class using the ballet barre, resistance bands, small balls, gliding discs, weights and yoga blocks to integrate the fundamentals of Pilates, strong core work, functional low impact gym exercises and dance for a complete all round workout. @theBarre classes use a range of music so you can banish the 128bpm monotony! With all of the tracks pre-choreographed, the programs are easy to learn and teach while still providing a challenging and fun workout. @theBarre Tone & @theBarre Amplify are perfect for all fitness levels, and are ideal for boutique studios and gyms alike.
To become a certified @theBarre instructor and receive 15 CEC's you must complete our full @theBarre Tone & @theBarre Amplify training and assessment. You will then be eligible to teach @theBarre anywhere in or outside Australia, Upgrade your offering each quarterly with new moves, new music and new magic for your clients! We do not charge licensing fees to teach @theBarre - once you're certified, you're certified!
- Compulsory: Cert III & IV in Fitness from a recognised Australian Institution such as FIA (Fitness Institute Australia).
Any Les Mills course, Pilates, Ballet, Yoga or group fitness training.
For more information on prerequisite training visit:
Fitness Australia for all information on learning and development
FIA (Fitness Institute Austr alia) for Cert III & IV in group fitness
Upcoming Courses 2018:
@theBarre Fast Track Saturday 20th January 2018 COMPLETED
The Space Studio 10:00am - 6:00pm
@theBarre Tone & @theBarre Amplify 2 day training Saturday 21st April 2018 8:30am - 6:00pm & COMPLETED
@theBarre Rose Bay Studio Sunday 22nd April 2018 10:30am - 5:00pm
Private course training for studio groups is available on request around Australia and internationally. We require 5 or more participants.
Aug/Sept 2018 special at 1/2 price $700
Regular price $1400 GST included for two uniquely different Barre classes. One stabilizing, stretching and toning and the other strong, energetic and functional.
Early Bird Discount of 10% off if paid in full before cut off date
Payment plan available - must be paid in full prior to course date
Click to download the pre-training registration form HERE and email this document and relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also be required to complete the release of liability form (compulsory)
Course Objectives and Criteria:
At the completion of this course Instructors will be able to:
- Understand and confidently teach the format of the @theBarre Programs
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly perform all the @theBarre exercises
- Understand the purpose and benefit of each @theBarre exercise
- Give options for different levels of @theBarre students within a class therefore addressing individual needs and levels of fitness
- Makes sure the programs are delivered safely and effectively and you’re instructing to your full potential.
- Understand Pilates principles
- Learn different breathing techniques
- Understand what it means to be centred and mindful
- Learn moving meditation techniques
- Learn about Spotify music lists or another provider such a Power music for PPCA free studios. How to do this will be demonstrated at the courses.
- Leave the course able and confidant to teach each program
- It is recommended that you attend a few @theBarre classes to familiarise yourself with the program before you begin the course
- You will need to learn one track from both @theBarre Tone and @theBarre Amplify to present and self critique at your training as part of the assessment
- You will need to know the order of the tracks prior to training and as part of the assessment criteria, found on the content page of the manuals
Please bring a device you can use to video the training as it is your visual reference and a learning tool. Smart phones, iPads, video cameras/GoPros are suitable.
Continued Education Criteria - To maintain registration with Fitness Australia, exercise professionals must complete twenty (20) continuing education credits (CECs) through educational programs and professional experience over every 2 year registration period. @theBarre is registered with Fitness Australia. To receive full certification including 15 CEC’s you will need to complete both programs @theBarre Tone level 1 worth 8 CEC's and @theBarre Amplify level 1 worth 7 CEC's.
Sydney Class Practice Package Specials:
Eligible instructors only
- With the courses you are offered 4 free practice classes for each course @theBarre Tone and @theBarre Amplify.
- You also have the opportunity to purchase packages of 10 classes at half price $10 per class+GST for further practice if purchased on the day of the course. This will offer you a chance to team teach and get your final evaluation in a friendlier manner by the qualified instructor taking that class.
- Option is to come in for an evaluation 1 month after your course at a cost of $50.
@theBarre courses are upgraded on the quarterly. All certified @theBarre instructors are eligible to access upgraded course materials including brand new choreographed tracks for both classes, new suggested playlists, training manuals and videos.
For more information and cost please click below:
Terms & Conditions:
- Any facilities running @theBarre classes must place them on their time table under the class name @theBarre Tone and @theBarre Amplify.
- Classes may not be taught as an integration with other programs.
- Class tracks must be taught in sequence but can be mixed using like for like tracks from any release.
- Please note courses are unfortunately non-refundable, but due to unforeseen circumstances may be done at a later date.
To speak to our team click here
Copyright © 2018 @theBarre Studios